Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 11 - At Sea - Wednesday

It took two days to sail from Tonga to Bay of Islands, New Zealand, but there was plenty to do onboard ship.


First, sleep-in, have breakfast in your room then make your way up to the pool deck. You may find friends there - have a Bloody Mary or some other fruit/rum drink and plan the day - as Rob and Kim did.





Our onboard astronomer/artist/lecturer was offering some of his artwork in La Palette. He illustrated a lot of work for his friend Carl Sagan and they worked together on the opening of the movie Contact, with Jodie Foster (good movie, by the way). We would spend many evenings with him exploring the skies.




This is a pretty good shot of most of La Palette - so much went on there every day. We're sitting with a couple of friends we met onboard - the ship (MS Paul Gauguin) only held 320 or so passengers so we got to recognize faces quite easily.




The waves and froth, fascinated me and I hung over my deck for a long time waiting for that one 'dynamite' shot - I still have several shots but I like this one the best I think. (I can hear you now "she's nuts")

No comments:

Post a Comment